Altapure® (USA): unsurpassed rapid indoor disinfection with submicron-sized aerosols
The Altapure process: Safe – Fast – Effective
- 100% destruction: spores, viruses, bacteria
- Fast disinfection (up to 45 minutes – standard patient room)
This is what sets Altapure apart from all other high-tech disinfection/sterilization systems for touch-free surface treatment.
Altapure believes that “scientific facts,” not glossy marketing brochures, should be the driving force behind any purchasing decisions. The health of our friends and family also counts on this.
Since 2004, Altapure has continued to develop and refine the best mobile indoor aerosol disinfection and sterilization system on the global market.
Altapure, LLC worked with Harris Corporation (NYSE: HRS) formerly ITT Exelis (NYSE: XLS), a leading global aerospace, defense and information solutions company, to develop new proprietary technology for deploying extremely dense layers of gas-like submicron aerosol that envelop, disinfect and sterilize surfaces in target rooms and on items, equipment.
Altapure AP-4 ™ Advanced Technology
The AP-4 ™, is an advanced ultrasonic product capable of delivering a dense cloud of sub-micron fog droplets (0.69 micron avg.) for the high-level disinfection of large spaces such as those found in hospitals, burn units, clean rooms, and animal facilities.
How Does It Work?
The dense sub-micron aerosol delivers gas-like performance that offers three-dimensional (3-D) coverage and treatment in large areas, multiple connected spaces, complex geometries, long horizontal and vertical runs, and the various surfaces within these spaces, including any equipment or objects located therein.
The result is a complete coverage and treatment of all exposed surfaces within the treated space(s). Independent, third-party research confirms that the AP-4 and PAA will achieve a 100% kill of C. difficile and other pathogens such as bacteria, spores, fungus such as C. auris, and viruses, reducing the risk of infections to both patients and hospital staff.
Key Features and Overview: The AP-4 Delivers
- 50 minute patient room turn time (entry to exit)
- 6 Log + kill of bacteria, fungus, and viruses
- Complete Coverage Accuracy (no human interaction)
- Single compact unit (aerosol generator + vapor removal system)
- “Extremely thin film” deposition with sub-micron aerosol
- Gas-Like Interaction / 3-D Contact With Complex Surface Geometries
- Residue free process
- Wireless tablet control and data reporting to PC
- Automated Vent Cover System included
Independent Studies Show: Rapid, Complete Kill
Altapure’s process delivers a complete kill of viruses, bacteria, and bacterial spores, in less than 10 minutes of exposure. Treated surfaces have been clinically proven to show “no growth” for bacterial spores, vegetative bacteria, and viruses. An independent laboratory has established that the Altapure process has a D-Value of 2.3 – 2.6 minutes (meaning a 90% kill within only 2.3 to 2.6 minutes of treatment) for Geobacillus stearothermophilus spores. Killing G. stearothermophilus indicates a similar kill for Clostridium difficile. Altapure’s treatment process is rapid, providing room turnovers in under fifty (50) minutes (Exit to Entry) for a common patient room.
The AP-4 ™ is remotely operated using a small and lightweight, hand held “Control Tablet” that is touch screen activated. It communicates via wireless means with one or more AP-4 ™ machines and ancillary devices. The wireless Control Tablet is approved for use in all medical, industrial, and scientific environments.
The Control Tablet displays system status including all fluid levels, and has thermal paper printer capability for cycle validation. The Control Tablet can also wirelessly connect to a PC, for data and report downloads. If lost or damaged, the Control Tablet is easy and economical to replace.
Remote operation allows the AP-4 ™ to be operated and monitored from outside of the treated space, eliminating the interaction between your staff and the high-level disinfection process.
Ease of Use
The AP-4 ™ is a fully automated “one touch deploy ™” technology. The single compact unit, includes an effective vapor removal system that is built into the same housing as the aerosol generator, and is easily moved and setup by only one (1) individual.
The AP-4 ™ system operates with a unique “closed loop control” of the entire treatment process, including use of one or more of Altapure’s patented HVAC vent control and cover system.
These advanced features guarantee a fully validated, safe, and efficacious process.
AP-4 ™ Features
- Rapid Treatment: Less than 50 minute cycle (entry to exit) for common patient room.
- Only one housing contains: Aerosol generator & Vapor removal system.
- High capacity & dense aerosol output (40% increase).
- “Extremely thin film” deposition with sub-micron droplet performance.
- Small and compact.
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- Wireless control and monitoring via tablet.
- Easy to operate – one touch fully-automatic control.
- Multi-Language control and support (English / Espanol).
- Wireless data reporting to PC (download cycle reports).
- Sub-micron aerosol droplets, the smallest & most efficacious in the industry.
- Automatic electronic programmable concentrate / water internal mixing system.
- Disinfection of Coronavirus, such as SARS-CoV-2 as shown by Dr. C. Donskey and Dr. S. Raju
- Closed-loop aerosol control, with no guessing for deploy / dwell / reprocessing times.
- Simple setup and operation means quick room treatment turnaround times.
- Programmable for special agents and disinfection applications.
- Powered from a single common electrical outlet.
- Treats up to 5,000 cubic feet with one machine (adjacent rooms included / variable time).
- Avg. Particle size = 0.69 µm.
- Size – L = 52”(132 cm), W = 25”(63.5 cm), H = 44”(112 cm).
- Ruggedized construction using all food grade polymer and food compliant materials such as 316-L stainless steel.
- Automated Vent Cover devices easily and quietly stow for travel.
- 100 – 120VAC/20A 50/60Hz, all global standard input options are available.
- Designed to comply with common electrical standards.
- One year parts and labor warranty.
* Includes: Two (2) Automatic Vent Covers, one (1) Manual Vent Cover, and one (1) Control Tablet.
** The AP-4 ™ shall be used as an adjunct to regular cleaning / disinfection procedures for hard room surfaces. All federal labeling, directions for use, and manufacturer’s recommended protocol, must be followed to achieve best results.