The importance of clean water for laboratories
Clean water plays a critical role in laboratories where various types of scientific and analytical research is conducted. Water is used in many processes and applications in laboratory work, and its quality has a direct impact on the accuracy and reliability of the results obtained. Here are a few reasons why clean water is important for laboratories:
- Maintaining the accuracy of analyses and measurements: Many analytical methods and experiments require the use of water as a reagent, solvent, or component. The presence of impurities, ions, and other contaminants can affect analytical results, making them inaccurate or unusable for interpretation.
- Preparation of reagents and solutions: In laboratories, it is often necessary to prepare various reagents and solutions. The quality of the water used to prepare them is important because contaminants in the water can change the concentration of the reagents and affect the reactions.
- Keeping Apparatus Clean: Tap water may contain mineral deposits and microorganisms that can settle on the surface of laboratory apparatus and equipment such as flasks, test tubes, cuvettes, and other glass and plastic objects. This can affect the accuracy of measurements and experimental results.
- Avoiding contamination: Water containing bacteria, viruses, organic and inorganic contaminants can lead to contamination of samples and materials, which can skew research results and cause errors in interpretation.
- Ensuring standards and regulations: In many cases, standards and regulations exist for the quality of water used in laboratories. This is due to the need to ensure reliability and reproducibility of results.
To ensure water purity, laboratories usually use reverse osmosis, distillation and deionization systems that can remove various types of contaminants, ions and microorganisms. This allows laboratories to produce high quality water that meets the requirements of specific tests and analyses.
Contact AQUAANALYTIC’s engineers and we will provide in-depth advice for the right choice of water treatment equipment for your laboratory.
Protegra® OF RO System Laboratory systems for water purification, reverse osmosis and deionization
Ultrapure water for the laboratory UltraClear RO EDI System Evoqua
Evoqua’s Ultra Clear TP ED Ultra Pure Water System for all Your Laboratory Needs
RO EDI Lab Water System Protegra CS Pro